Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A New Venture!

An exciting new adventure - my friend, Madeline, and I are finally off the "waiting list" and getting a booth at The Depot at Gibson Mill here in Concord, NC.  Its said to be the largest antique and designer mall in the south.  Our official date is Wednesday, September 1, but we probably won't be fully set up until a few days after that.  We've been collecting treasures for years, and now, our task at hand is deciding what items get to go in the booth first.   Be sure to stop by and see what we have for that special place in your home.  We'll have a wide variety of "finds" - old, new, vintage, antique - we're sure you'll find something you "just have to have"!!!   Oh, the name of our booth is The Billy Goat Cart, and we're located in the Weaver Room, Row O, Booth 2.

Why The Billy Goat Cart ?   It all goes back to a special photograph I found at an  estate auction - the one pictured here.  Three little boys, obviously brothers, all posing for a picture in a goat cart.  Even the goat is posing - I love the way he's looking right at the camera.  1941 was the date, nearly 70 years ago!  Ever since purchasing that first photo, I've been on a search for more of these endearing goat cart photos - my new collector's "must have"!   Most of these goat cart photos are from the 20's, 30's, and 40's when photographers went around neighborhoods offering to photograph children in a goat cart.  Often, the name of the city is on the cart along with the year.  I think they're all charming.  I'll have more of my collection displayed in our booth.

So, plan a trip to The Depot in the old Gibson Mill on McGill Street in Concord.  I think you'll enjoy it and like what you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment